Hello to you, all firstly thank you so much for all your patience and understanding during this time. We have made some very positive changes and have modernised some of our practice systems here at Dee Street, we hope you agree…
Phone consultations are working well to meet the needs of many.
Thank you for your co-operation and support and we are working on our video options and electronic prescribing.
Our local pharmacies have been amazing:
- scripts are sent directly to your pharmacy
- There are delivery options of both prescription and over the counter products.
- Rest assured that prescription services will continue and we discourage stockpiling for more than one month
We have delivered over 800 flu vaccinations so far to our high-risk community:
- We are utilising a nurse-led ‘drive through’ set up and other recommended vaccinations and injections can also be given this way.
- Please contact us if you would like a flu vaccination so we can prioritise our stock.
We really do miss you in and out of the building and want to thank you for all your words of encouragement and we fight this together.
We predict that NZ and the Bay will continue to see a lot more cases over the coming weeks and this is very disconcerting for us all. We are all technically still within the potential 14 day incubation period although this is most commonly 5-7 days. This long incubation period is why this virus is causing so much devastation as people have previously been moving freely in the community without symptoms. BUT from here on in if we strictly maintain our closed bubbles and we don’t get sick over the coming few weeks then we can all breathe a little bit easier that we have not been exposed so far.
The lockdown is to protect you all but VITALLY is to protect our most vulnerable people, those with underlying diseases and our elderly.
This time also allows for us to prepare our health system for how we can deliver our vital services safely and effectively with this very real threat to the lives of many.
- If we are mindful in our behaviour, we can significantly reduce our community risk.
- Remember that you are all doing a VITAL job here by keeping safe!
- We would like to acknowledge those working and parenting from home… it can’t be easy! And to those feeling daunted and alone please reach out to see if we can help in anyway.
- Thank you again to all those who are keeping neighbourly morale up and helping out and please do keep being active.
Where possible please contact us first with any concerns for your own health.