Covid 19: Level 2
( Update 13th May 2020 )
We have made it to Level Two! We again wish to thank you all for your personal efforts, sacrifices and understanding during this time.
What will Level 2 mean for Dee Street?
- We plan to continue to offer this service at the same cost as in person consultations. We have been able to meet the needs of many and this approach allows us to plan with you any further care where needed.
- Online bookings on Manage my Health remains to be for phone consultations only. If you feel you may need to be seen in person, please make a note in the comments AND call the practice so we can plan this.
- We will book you in for a call within a two-hour time slot. This will be confirmed with you at the time of booking. If you need a specific time, please advise and we will do our best.
Consultations in Person
These appointments are important and will be available as we enter Level 2.
These are required to be booked through our reception team at this stage for safety reasons
- Please call as early as possible in the day if you feel you need to be seen on that day, so we can best assess your needs.
- You may have to answer a few questions to help us plan and provide the best care for you.
We will continue to be asking all patient’s Covid 19 health screening questions to keep yourselves and our team safe:
YOU MUST DECLARE IF YOU HAVE ANY RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS: cough, cold, fever, runny nose, loss of smell or taste, sore throat etc or have a close contact who is unwell. This is regardless of the purpose of your visit. You entering our building has very serious implications for the practice. We can arrange to accommodate your needs, but you will need a phone consultation initially.
It is time to book in for recommended routine checks such as blood pressure reviews, smears, skin checks, vaccinations, and blood tests (at Pathlab) – please do not delay these any further.
Our routine appointments are limited to ten minutes, this is important for reducing close contact for yourself and our team. If you need an extended consult, please advise us on booking.
Please limit additional people attending appointments. Only bring a vital support person and ensure to check them in with reception. Parents with ill children, please only bring the unwell child or advise us of your circumstances so we can try to help. The aim of this being to reduce the numbers, and subsequently the risk, in our waiting room
The Waiting Room
- Please call reception when you arrive at Dee Street.
- You will need to sanitise your hands when you enter our building.
- You will have the option to wait for your appointment in our waiting room. We will have a limited number of suitably spaced chairs available. If these are full, we will ask you to wait in your car or may be able to accommodate you elsewhere.
- If you would prefer to wait in your car anyway, we understand. Please let reception know you have arrived. You will then be called into the practice for your appointment.
Prescriptions & other Forms
- To limit unnecessary contact, we will strive to remain paperless
- We now email electronic prescriptions directly to the pharmacy you wish to collect your medication from so please include the pharmacy details in your request.
- Pathlab requests, Radiology requests and many other documents are also now electronic forms
As we all adapt our services to level 2 please allow some flexibility. We foresee some challenges ahead but we will continue to fine-tune and adapt our services as needed. We look forward to reconnecting with you and providing ongoing care that works best for your individual needs.
The Team at Dee Street